|©2014 - James Boyd|
"Intelligent Orientation Control" is a very powerful and advanced way to control your Phantom 2. It is not intended for novices, so proceed at your own risk.
2. Go HERE, and download the MAC application for software assistant (latest version is 3.0). Follow instruction prompts, and install on your hard drive. DO NOT TURN ON YOUR PHANTOM 2 OR CONTROLLER YET.
3. Once installed, double-click this application icon for the PHANTOM 2 assistant. This is for MAC only.
4. When you see this screen, click the "SKIP" button.
6. Turn on Phantom 2 controller.
7. Insert battery into Phantom 2, and cycle on.
8. Connect one end of the USB to Phantom 2, and one end to the USB of your MAC laptop.
11. Calibrate your GPS compass before continuing. Failure to complete this step will cause the upcoming "IOC" command to fail.
12. In the upper right corner of the screen, CLICK the button that says "PHANTOM."
13. Big scary screen asking if you're really the pilot for this type of job. Don't click the default. CLICK "YES."
14. Another big scary screen really warning you of arcane horror if you proceed. CLICK "YES."
15. The button in the upper right should switch to "NAZA-M," and this menu should appear. CLICK "OK."
16. After clicking "OK," the menu should disappear. CLICK "ADVANCED" in the upper menu.
17. After clicking "ADVANCED," this menu will appear by default.
18. CLICK the "IOC' button in the secondary menu.
19. If you clicked the correct "IOC" button, this is the menu you will see.
Note: Double check that the green and blue buttons in the bottom right are still active. If these lights are not active, go back to #1, and start over.
This should activate your IOC, and you will now be able to shift your controller's S2 switch to follow along with the application. As you switch your S2 control from "OFF" to "CL" (COURSE LOCK), and "HL" (HOME LOCK), the menu slider will move accordingly.
You can also move the right switch (S1) from GPS to ATTI mode, and this will be reflected in the bottom left of the application, or MODE section.
21. When you click back to VIEW mode (upper left), you'll notice the "IOC" section is now in the "ON" position.
22. Congrats, you have successfully turned on the IOC function for your Phantom 2 with the mac assistant.
23. Cycle down the Phantom 2 and controller, and disconnect USB cable from the laptop.