Saturday, May 7, 2011

"24 Hours Of Neon" - an HDR tone mapped time lapse by Philip Bloom

Philip Bloom has done it again.  He's created an HDR tone mapped time lapse of Las Vegas, shot from the MGM Signature hotel.  I highly recommend watching the video and listening to his commentary of each shot HERE.  The bar has been raised again.  Take notes and learn, younglings.


24 Hours of Neon from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.

I'm embarrassed to even put it on the same page as Bloom's, but here's my quick sunrise time lapse from the Signature hotel looking east toward the airport.  I literally stumbled home from a night of blackjack, set up my camera, and went to sleep.  I had no idea the moon was about to rise over the mountains.  It's one of those beautiful surprises you get when finally putting the pictures into a movie.  Oddly, my balcony in tower 3 is featured prominently in Philip Bloom's piece.  Really glad he didn't catch me howling at the moon.

Time Lapse: Vegas Sunrise from James Boyd on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely fantastic!

    stumbled upon this from mobygratis and then thru vimeo...I'm going to be watching your blog with interest, thanks for sharing this one, John

    ReplyDelete